Tour Code: CHT-TB-02
Duration: 17 days
Departure Date: You Choose
Tour Price: from $3478
Tour Feature: Land tour + well selected hotel + domestic flights/trains, private guided with your own English speaking guide ( unless otherwise specified), your own driver at your own pace and schedule..
► Day 1
Place & Transport: Arrive in Beijing (Watch the Video ), Flight not included
Today's Activities: Airport to Hotel Transfer (Beijing)
► Day 2
Place & Transport: Beijing (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Lizexiang Pearl Store
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Traditional Mongolia Restaurant
- The Forbidden City (2 hours): The Imperial Palace, home to 24 Emperors between 1420 and 1911. Great squares, halls and gates contrast with the intricate networks of side halls, gardens, courtyards and quarters for those who lived in this 'city within a city'. The exhibitions, both permanent and temporary, are also absolutely fascinating. Expect to spend at least 2-3 hours, wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Tiananmen Square (50 minutes): The world's largest city square and enduring symbol of China's national pride, surrounded by many imposing buildings including the Heavenly Gate (entry to the Forbidden City), Museums, government buildings and Chairman Mao's Mausoleum.
- Temple of Heaven (1.5 hours): Situated in the southern part of the city, the temple of heaven covers the total area of 2,700,000 square meters. The temple was built in 1420A.D. It is the place where emperors of the Ming and Qing dynasties would offer sacrifice to heaven and pray for good harvests. The main buildings of the temple including the Circular Mound Altar, Imperial Vault of Heaven and Hall of Prayer for Good Harvest.The surrounding gardens are full of interesting activities, particularly weekend mornings.
- Traditional Mongolia Restaurant: Traditional Mongolia Restaurant is located near the Forbidden City. It serves northern Chinese food based on Mongolia cuisine. It brings Mongolia's long and distinguished cultural and literary history. A traditional Mongolian yurt (tent) is available on the third floor but a reservation is needed and a surcharge applies. Live performances of Mongolian music are sometimes preformed in the restaurant.
- Lizexiang Pearl Store : China's freshwater pearls are celebrated throughout the world. See how they are produced including some of the latest technology, and learn how to spot a fake. The outlet also offers a range of items produced from pearls and pearl oysters which goes far wider than jewellery. China Highlights customers will see the seeds being planted in the live mussel and also how learn how to differentiate real pearls from fake. This is a great opportunity to buy genuine pearls, that come with a guarantee, for your family and friends but there is absolutely no pressure to buy.
Address: No.7.Changqing Yuan,Congwen district,Beijign City.
► Day 3
Place & Transport: Beijing (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Mutianyu slideway(One way), Mutianyu Cable Car(One way), The Mutianyu Great Wall, Shahe Cloisonne Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant, Chinese Dinner at Roasted Duck at Hepingmen
- Mutianyu slideway(One way) (10 minutes): It is a new kind of entertainment suitable to people regardless of age.Adopting the principle of acceleration of gravity, the pulley rushes down from top of the mountain and goes through a slideway of 1580 meters, which is exciting,breathe-taking,safe and comfortable.You can regulate the speed of the pulley, and enjoy the beautiful views of the Great Wall.
- Mutianyu Cable Car(One way) (10 minutes): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is a about 2.5 hours' drive from downtown Beijing. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- The Mutianyu Great Wall (1.5 hours): This less-crowded section of the Great Wall is a about 1.5-2 hours' drive from downtown Beijing. A cable car takes you to a good section (avoiding a very steep climb), where you can walk along the wall, through the watch towers and enjoy superb views as it snakes across the hills and mountains. You can return by cable car, walk down or walk along the wall for about an hour to descend by chairlift. Wear good walking shoes and protection from the weather.
- Roasted Duck at Hepingmen: Hepingmen Quanjude Restaurant enjoys a high reputation among domestic and overseas customers for its Beijing roast duck. They have developed their own technique and are famous for outstanding quality. It was established in 1979 and located beside Hepingmen Gate (Peace Gate). The well-known All-Duck Banquet is headed by QUANJUDE roast duck and supported by over 400 dishes with QUANJUDE characteristic flavor.
- Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant: Xin Shuang Quan Restaurant is near Great Wall of Mutianyu section. This garden style restaurant serves farmhouse dishes, specializing in rainbow trout, sturgeon and salmon. Its use of natural ingredients and fabulous taste will leave you with great memories.
- Shahe Cloisonne Factory : Sha He Cloisonne Factory manufactures and sells high quality Cloisonne ware. High quality Cloisonne also called "Copper - body and wire inlaid Enamel" requires an elaborate and complicated manufacturing process including hammering, filigree welding, enamel filling, surface polishing and gilding. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs. China Highlights customers have the opportunity to see the manufacturing process. This is an exclusive offer for our customers! There is no pressure to buy!
Address: Dingfu huang zhuang North District Beijing <
► Day 4
Place & Transport: Beijing to Xian (Watch the Video ), Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Beijing), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Xian), Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center), Hutong Tour in Xicheng District
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Courtyard 7 Restaurant
- Beijing Olympic Green(outside tour of Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center) (1 hour): Located at the north end of the central axis of Beijing City, Olympic Green hosts 50% of the competitions in the Olympic Games. With a large area of 1215 hectares, it contains a 760 hectares green forest, National museum, exhibition area, Olympic Village and Olympic competition avenues. Approximately 31 venues are used in Beijing Olympics, including National Stadium, the Bird's Nest and National Aquatics Center. You will explore the park, but it doesn't include going inside the Bird's Nest and Water Cube.
- Hutong Tour in Xicheng District (1 hour): Hutong is a maze of historic alleyways with old single storey traditional courtyard houses, which are now fast disappearing. In this one hour tour, you can hop on a rickshaw to ride through the narrow alleys as well as visit a local family then walk on the Silver Ingot Bridge (Yinding Bridge) and find out about the different thresholds of the courtyards.
- Courtyard 7 Restaurant: Courtyard 7 is located in central area of Nan Luo Guo. Its well designed Chinese style modeling，the layout makes it antiquity and rusticity. Its special featured restaurant provides new modern French dishes. Seating in Courtyard 7, you may see the fusion of eastern and western culture, and smell apart of old and new fashion air. Here, you can not only taste delicious gourmet food, but also can enjoy a piece of pure land and haven in such a busy city. Courtyard 7 welcomes you stay and enjoy.
► Day 5
Place & Transport: Xian (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: The Terracotta Warriors and Horses, Big Wild Goose Pagoda, Chongde Handmade Pottery Factory
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch)
- The Terracotta Warriors and Horses (2 hours): Discovered accidentally in 1974, this incredible army of over 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots in full battle array has guarded Emperor Qin's tomb since 210BC. Each figure is unique, and the painstaking repair and excavation continues in 3 pits which are protected inside huge hangars. 1.5 hours from Xian, there is also an excellent museum and film about the history of the vaults. Photos (no flash) are allowed. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Big Wild Goose Pagoda (1 hour): A major Buddhist site, the simple, elegant brick Pagoda stands in the grounds of the attractive Da Ci'en Temple. The Pagoda was built in the 7th century to house the Buddhist materials that Xuanzang (Tripitaka) brought back from his epic journey to India. The Temple complex has several large halls with some great Buddhist statues and murals.
- A Wa Shan Zhai Restaurant(Qinling Branch): A Wa Village Restaurant was established in 2004, mainly specializes in Hunan and Sichuan cuisine. It provides delicacy by using the material from xancin, obtaining a nationwide reputation from customers. It would be a nice choice to dine while traveling the nearby Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses.
- Chongde Handmade Pottery Factory: Chongde Handmade Pottery Factory manufactures copies of the famous Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses from Jing De porcelain. This is a popular place for those looking for special, quality souvenirs. China Highlights customers have the opportunity to see the manufacturing process but also try it with their own hands. This is an exclusive offer for our customers! There is no pressure to buy!
Address: No.2 East Chanhe bridge, Hua Qing Rd., Xian.
► Day 6
Place & Transport: Xian (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Shaanxi Provincial Museum, Muslim Street, Xian City Wall with Bicycle, Shadow Play in the Gao Courtyard
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Qianzhou Restaurant(Xiao Yanta Branch)
- Shaanxi Provincial Museum (1.5 hours): The history of Shaanxi is said to be the history of China, and this museum is quite simply one of the nation's best. Four major galleries in large, Tang-style buildings house a vast and impressive collection, beautifully displayed. Most of the item labels are in English, although some other information on the exhibitions is not, but your guide can help here. Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Muslim Street (1 hour): The Muslim quarters lies 100 meters west of the Bell tower in downtown Xi'an. The 500 meters long avenue paved by bluestones are dotted with many unique stall, souvenir shop, café and bars which are mostly run by Muslim people. Tourists, especially from overseas come and shop here.
- Xian City Wall with Bicycle (1 hour): The walls, ramparts, gates and watchtowers form one of the oldest and most complete city defenses still around. Built in the 13th century on the foundations of the original Tang Forbidden City surrounding the city centre, it is a major landmark, and the best preserved, as well as the oldest and largest of the city defense systems in China. We operate this with bicycle. If the weather is not good for biking on the city wall, we will substitute a visit to the Bell Tower. Your guide will be very glad to take you the Bell Tower after you have been to look at the city wall.
- Shadow Play in the Gao Courtyard (1 hour): Shadow Play is a traditional folk art using beautifully made flat puppets whose shadows are projected onto a white, rear-lit screen. The performance is accompanied by Chinese instruments and story-telling. The show lasts for about 15 minutes. The performance is performed in a traditional Chinese dwelling in the Muslim quarter, called Gao Courtyard.
- Qianzhou Restaurant(Xiao Yanta Branch): Qianzhou Restaurant is well-known for its local flavors and ingredients originating from Qian County. The style, Qianzhou Four Treasures is considered to be famous nationally. The specialties are of ancient origin from the Tang Dynasty and leave customers with great culinary memories.
► Day 7
Place & Transport: Xian to Lhasa, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Xian), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Lhasa)
► Day 8
Place & Transport: Lhasa
Today's Activities: Potala Palace, Jokhang Temple, Barkhor Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Lhasa Kitchen
- Potala Palace (1 hour): Former winter home of the Dalai Lama, a vast, awe-inspiring maze of corridors and stairs leading through countless rooms of richly decorated statues, tombs, murals and antiques. You will climb past the White Palace into the Red Palace, where the file of pilgrims offering silk scarves, coins or yak butter to burn in the shrines combine to make this an unforgettable experience. Note: you need to be fit for the long stairways.
- Jokhang Temple (2 hours): Smaller and more manageable than the Potala, this 4-storey, golden-roofed temple is at the heart of a rich and living Tibetan Buddhism. Many locals pray here regularly; the Temple is surrounded by Barkhor Street and thronged with pilgrims and visitors. Yak butter lamps burn in front of rich statuary that includes the Sakyamuni Buddha brought to Tibet by Princess Wen Cheng in the 7th Century.
- Barkhor Street (2 hours): Watch the pilgrims, wearing local dress from many different parts of Tibet, as they circle clockwise around Jokhang Temple with prayer wheels, or prostrate themselves near the front gate. Join the locals and visitors to shop for local goods at the colourful stalls, or relax in a coffee shop or tea house to enjoy the passing parade.
- Lhasa Kitchen: Lhasa Kitchen is near the Jokhang Temple. It is decorated by merging Tibetan style with Indian, Nepalese, Chinese and Italian architecture. It serves a variety of styles of food.
► Day 9
Place & Transport: Lhasa to Shigatse
Today's Activities: Yomdrok Lake, The Palgor Chorten
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Yomdrok Lake (2 hours): It lies within the boundary of Nankartse county, on the north bank of the Yarlung Tsangpo River, Lhokha Prefecture, surrounded by mountains. Beautiful Holy lake which everybody is looking forward to.
- The Palgor Chorten (1.5 hours): Pelkhor Choede (Kumbum), also named Palcho Monastery, is very different from other monasteries. Built as a Tibetan monastery, its structural style is very unique, reputed as the lord of Tibetan stupas. In addition, it is famous for the architecture, sculpture, and mural painting art. It lies about 270 kilometers (168 miles) south of Lhasa and 100 (62 miles) east of Shigatse at the foot of Dzong Hill.
► Day 10
Place & Transport: Shigatse to Lhasa
Today's Activities: Tashilunpo Monastery
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Tashilunpo Monastery: Painted in red and white, the buildings in the kloster stand closely together in terraced rows, offering a grand and majestic view. Tashilunpo Kloster represents the Tibetan super architecture art in the Last Tibetan spirit. The Kloster attracts thousands of Buddhists and tourists from domestic and abroad to travel and worship every year.
► Day 11
Place & Transport: Lhasa to Chengdu, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Lhasa), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Chengdu)
► Day 12
Place & Transport: Chengdu
Today's Activities: Panda Breeding and Research Center, Wu Hou Temple
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Shu Long Restaurant
- Panda Breeding and Research Center (2.5 hours): Home to giant pandas, red (or lesser) pandas, and other endangered species. Visit the nursery to see the highly successful breeding program, and the many enclosures among lakes, bamboo groves and shady walkways, to view the pandas at rest and play. There's a wealth of information and a panda museum in this 230-hectare park 10 km (6 miles) north of Chengdu.
- Wu Hou Temple (1.5 hours): The Marquis of Wu, Zhuge Liang (181-234) was the outstanding military strategist immortalized in "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms" and in the saying wise as "the Marquis of Wu". Peaceful and attractive gardens surround several halls, including one dedicated to his memory and another to that of his emperor Liu Bei, some impressive statues, a small museum, a famous Tang Dynasty stele and the classic red wall leading to Liu Bei's tomb. A delightful complex.
- Shu Long Restaurant: It is just near the Panda Breeding and Research Center. And the environment and its dishes are suit for the foreign guests.
► Day 13
Place & Transport: Chengdu to Guilin (Watch the Video ), Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Chengdu), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Guilin), Du Fu Thatched Cottage, Jinli Old Street
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at Chenmapo Beancurd Restaurant
- Du Fu Thatched Cottage (1.5 hours): A museum and memorial for Du Fu (712-770 AD), often called China's greatest poet, surrounded by a large and beautiful garden. Du Fu spent five years in Chengdu, the peak of his creativity, living in a thatched hut on this site.
- Jinli Old Street (1 hour): Once the commercial heart of the old kingdoms this ancient street has been fully restored in traditional Sichuan style. Picturesque, bustling, and cheerful, you can sample local arts and craft, traditional Chinese goods, food and delicacies, and even a Starbucks, local style.
- Chenmapo Beancurd Restaurant: The tradition of Chenmapo beancurd can be traced back to 1862. This dish gained its name simply due to the fact that the beancurd was first cooked in a special way by a cook with visible smallpox on her face, known as "mapo" in chengdu dialect .Now mapo beancurd has a world-wide reputation.
The popularity of Mapo beancurd comes from ist well-known taste and smell of the tender beancurd cooked in spicy ingredients everyone is impressed by it spicy, hot, aromatic, tender qualities. Its name entered as a famous Chengdu food in .
► Day 14
Place & Transport: Guilin to Yangshuo (Watch the Video )
Today's Activities: Li River Cruise
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
- Li River Cruise (4 hours): A cruise along the Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo is an unforgettable experience. As you take in the stunning scenery there's something interesting to see at almost every bend in the river. Between spectacular limestone peaks you'll see graceful bamboo groves, farmers tending rice paddies, and lumbering water buffaloes pulling carts or cooling off in the river. You may see fishermen gliding along on their narrow bamboo rafts, and if you're very lucky you might see one of the famous fishing cormorants. Boats depart from various wharves, according to the height of the river at different times of the year.
► Day 15
Place & Transport: Yangshuo to Guilin (Watch the Video ) to Hong Kong, Flight No. TBA
Today's Activities: Airport Transfer (Guilin), Airport to Hotel Transfer (Hong Kong), Reed Flute Cave, Fubo Hill, Elephant Trunk Hill, Calligraphy & Painting shop (Guangxi Normal University Art Shop)
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch at McFound Restaurant (A La Carte)
- Reed Flute Cave (1 hour): Located 5 kilometers northwest of Guilin city, the Reed Flute Cave gets the name from the reeds used for making flutes and pipes that grow at its entrance. The cave is regarded as the largest and most impressive cave in Guilin. It is 240 meters long, and the length of the tour is about 550 meters offering a magic land of stalactites, stalagmites, stone pillars, stone curtains, birds, plants and animals in fantastic shapes and colors. The visit lasts for 40 minutes and there are a lot of steps. Watch your step as the lights are dim. You guide will show you by electric torch.
- Fubo Hill: Fubo Hill is on the west bank of the Li River in city center. Partially submerged in the river it was named for General Fubo of the Tang Dynasty who built Mayuan Temple on the hill. Because of its location and height, Fubo Hill can tame the waves and stop the surging waters which then form whirlpools. it is 213 meters above sea level and 62 meters above ground. There are almost 350 steps to climb to reach top of hill and but then you can enjoy the bird's view of Guilin city.
- Elephant Trunk Hill (40 minutes): At the confluence of Li River and Peach Blossom River in the southwest of Guilin city
It is a national 4A scenery spot. The Water Moon Cave is close to the river. The water flows through it and the cave looks like a moon floating in the water. The stone drooped into the water like an elephant drinking the water of the Li River.
- McFound Restaurant (A La Carte): A restaurant which decorated in traditional northern style, with wheaten food of full aroma and household atmosphere of authentic culture, is warmly welcome for customers.
- Calligraphy & Painting shop (Guangxi Normal University Art Shop): Guangxi Normal University Painting gallery is sheltered by towering ancient trees and just a few steps away from a precipitous limestone pinnacle, called Solitary Beauty Peak. At the foot of the hill are buildings dating back to the Ming Dynasty, some 5-6 hundreds of years ago. The setting is a great inspiration for the teacher & students who work there; China Highlights customers have the opportunity to participate by trying their hand at painting or calligraphy. Works done by the teacher and other artists are available for sale as well as art supplies and jade. There is no pressure to buy!
Address: Jingjiang Royal City ( Under the Solitary Beauty Peak )
► Day 16
Place & Transport: Hong Kong
Today's Activities: Half day tour to Victoria Peak, Aberdeen, Repulse Bay
--Half day tour to Victoria Peak, Aberdeen, Repulse Bay : You will be picked up from your hotel by your guide who will accompany you on your tour. The tour will last a time of maximum 5 hours. Hong Kong is a fascinating combination of East and West but it has its own unique and distinctive culture. Your half day tour will take in Victoria Peak, Hong Kong's number one tourist destination. It features the 112 year old Peak Tram and Hong Kong's most unusual building, The Peak Tower. Next stop is Aberdeen Harbor which is home to hundreds of people living on fishing junks. If you would like close up look at this unusual way of life, you can take a sampan ride (US$10-12). Repulse Bay is the last stop today; it is one of Hong Kong's most exclusive residential areas. (meals not inclusive)
► Day 17
Place & Transport: Depart Hong Kong, Flight not included
Today's Activities: Hotel to airport Transfer (Hong Kong)
Price Details for this tour (per person in US dollars)
► Low Season (Dec. 01 - Mar. 31)
|Your Group Size
► High Season (Apr. 01 - Nov. 31)
|Your Group Size
* Prices are in US dollars, for one person. Prices are for references only, may vary according to your travel time. Better discount is available when travel in low season from Dec to March.
► Price Inclusions:
To scenic spots as listed in the itinerary.
All meals as specified in the itinerary.
If the restaurant indicated is not available on the day, your guide will arrange another restaurant from our list of approved restaurants. Breakfast is usually a western style buffet. We endeavor to ensure that a choice of western and Chinese breakfasts is supplied, however there may be occasions when only a Chinese breakfast is available in some remote locations.
Transfers between airports, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in Beijing, Xian, Lhasa, Shigatse, Chengdu, Guilin, Yangshuo, Hong Kong by private air conditioned vehicle with a driver and English-speaking guide (as listed above).
Your comfort is our priority! Click here to get a description of the vehicles that we use for our tours.
As outlined in the itinerary an English-speaking guide and driver will be provided in each city, who will remain with you throughout your time in that city. A new guide and a new driver will meet you at each city on your tour, to provide you with the best local knowledge available.
Hotel fees are based on two people sharing one room with twin beds.
All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
Beijing To Xian Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Xian To Lhasa Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Lhasa To Chengdu Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Chengdu To Guilin Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Guilin To Hong Kong Transfer via: Flight, TBA (Our arrangements)
Airport Tax for Domestic Flights
Airport Tax and Fuel Fee for Flights if applicable
Service Charge & Government Taxes:
The insurance is China Life Tourist Accident/Casualty Insurance.
Click here to learn more about the insurance coverage and the sum insured.
Between airports and hotels.
The tour cost includes planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
► Price Exclusions:
International Airfare or Train Tickets to enter or leave China.
USA-CHINA/CHINA-USA: China Highlights has negotiated special discount fares (restrictions apply) for selected flights operated by Air China from major US and China gateways. We are able to offer these special deals to confirmed customers. Discount US to China Flights
China Entry Visa Fees.
Excess Baggage Charges.
Passengers holding an adult fare or half fare ticket are entitled to a free baggage allowance of 20kg, for economy class. Total weight of carryon baggage for each passenger may not exceed 5kg. The size may not exceed 20x40x 55cm. More
Expenses of a purely personal nature such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, sightseeing or meals which are not included in the tour itinerary.
Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary.
Single Room Supplement.
1. ForeignerCN.com is partnering with a local China tour operator China Highlights. Your inquiry will be operated by the professional travel advisers of China Highlights, and you will receive their response with a proposed itinerary and cost calculation within 1 working day .
2. If you have any other questions about tour booking, please contact China Highlights by calling 800-268-2918 (Toll Free in USA) at 9:00am to 6:00pm (GMT+0800), Monday to Friday.