Skip to content
Site Tools
Increase font size Decrease font size Default font size default color blue color green color
Legal Related

A Brief Introduction to Chinese Visa and the Procedure for Visa Application
1) Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by
the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from
or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a Diplomatic, Courtesy,
Service or Ordinary Visa to a foreigner according to his/her identity, purpose of visit to China and
passport type.

2) The Ordinary Visa consists of eight sub-categories, which are respectively marked with Chinese phonetic letters L, F, Z, X, C, G, D, J-1and J-2.

L Visa: Issued to an applicant who comes to China
for tourist purposes, family visiting or other personal affairs.

F Visa: Issued to an applicant who is invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and culture exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of no more than six months.

Z Visa: Issued to an applicant who is to take up a post or employment in China, and their accompanying family members.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 24 September 2008 10:39
Foster An Animal - SCAA Foster Care Programme Frequently Asked Questions
Are you living in Shanghai temporarily and cannot permanently adopt an
animal, but miss having a pet in your
home? Are quarantine laws so strict in
your home country that you can't face putting an adopted animal through the experience but would love to have pets
in your home while posted in Shanghai?
Do you travel too much and think it
would be unfair to leave a pet at home
alone too often but miss having a furry friend loving you whenever you return to your home? If so, then SCAA foster
care may just be the way to help save an animal in need and allow you to have a part-time
pet to share your life while you are living in Shanghai!! Please note that all foster care parents must sign a waiver.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2008 15:57
How to Register Your Dog in Beijing
All dogs in Beijing have to be registered with a local public security bureau. (The municipal government has no specific regulations regarding keeping other types of pets.) In order to register your dog in Beijing you must do the following:
Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2008 15:41
How to Bring Your Pets From Abroad
You can bring pets to China as long as you can prove that they are vaccinated and healthy.

You are allowed to bring pets to China as long as you can prove that they are vaccinated and
 healthy. In theory, you need to have a Z (resident) visa to bring in your pet. There should be only one pet per Z visa holder (so if you have two cats, for example, make sure that one is registered in the husband's name and one in the wife's). From personal experience, we know that it is possible to waive this requirement by using an
agent in the case of a family with two pets and only one Z visa holder (the employee) at
the time of entry.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 23 September 2008 17:34
How Can I Stay in China Permanently

Applying for Permanent Residence in China is a way for you to live in
the country on a long-term basis. In order to qualify for permanent residence status, you must fill at least one of the following criteria:

I. Be a high-level foreign expert holding a post that promotes China's economic, scientific, and technological development, or social progress.

II. Have made outstanding contributions of special importance to China

III. Have made a large direct investment of over US$ 500,000 in China

IV. Have come to China to be with your family, such as spouse, dependent minors, or senior citizens.

Last Updated on Thursday, 09 December 2010 09:59
<< Start < Prev 1 2 3 4 Next > End >>

Page 3 of 4

Sponsor Ads