Zhangkengjing Church
樟坑径堂

Tel Tel: 0755-27976225
Address Address: Shangkeng Community, Zhangkengjing, Guanlan Sub-district, Bao’an District, Shenzhen
深圳市宝安区观兰街道樟坑径上坑社区
Email Email: 1051754012@qq.com
Website Website: http://zkjchurch.cn
Report Error Claim My Listing
Albums
5

5

1

1

2

2

3

3

4

4

Business Overview

Established in 1881, Zhangkengjing Christian Church has a history of 130 years. A total of 20 native and foreign pastors have worked as a pastor here, and the church has educated a large group of Christians that love the country, love the Christianity, honor god and serve the people, and contributed their talents to the public.

 

In 1881, Pastor Chen Chaorui, a native of Bao’an, graduated from a German seminary and built the Church within several months under the guidance of god. He established the Minzhi School at the same time. The church developed smoothly and rapidly, and its reputation was soon spread at home and abroad.

 

In 1886, a pastor from Germany was sent to the church to evangelize, and then the believer number multiplied and more and more people were baptized and converted to god, with over 200 believers at the peak. The church was developing smoothly until 1936.

 

During Anti-Japanese war from 1937 to 1945, the Church was ruined by the war, the church facilities were damaged, and the believers had to leave the church. In 1946, a year after China won the war, Basel Mission headquarters provided sufficient support for the resumption of the church, and allocated a sum of fund to renovate the facilities, and bought all kinds of facilities, and the congregation was resumed in no time. The church ministries stopped after the founding of People’s Republic of China in 1949.

 

In 1989, Pastor Wei Yijia, together with some old believers from home and abroad, applied to the government religious authority to resume the congregation at the church, and the application was soon approved on May 20, 1989, and all the church properties were returned.

 

In 1994, the old Zhangkengjing Christian Church exchanged the location with Zhangkengjing Primary School, and the new church was dedicated to service on Feb. 12, 1995 with the donation from devoted believers from home and abroad. The two-storey church has many functional rooms though it has a small floor area of over 200 square meters. The main hall can accommodate around 100 people, other functional rooms include office, choir room, worship service room, and pastor dormitory. Congregations such as Sunday worship service, Bible study, prayer meeting, choir rehearsal, women fellowship, and youth fellowship are held every week.